- Insure and enhance the quality of Horseshoe Bend Lake by maintaining a longrange
management plan for the lake and dam.
- Instigation and continuance of communication with lake management experts in
the areas of fishery biology, water quality and animal damage control.
- Supervision of water quality (pH, alkalinity and other tests deemed necessary)
with checks on a regular schedule set by lake management experts.
- Application of lake management chemicals (lime and "fertilizer") to maintain
optimum water quality and minimize excess aquatic vegetation and weeds.
While a concerted effort should be made to give as much prior notification of
chemical applications as circumstances will permit, the committee chairperson or
designee shall be required to post a notice of application on the HSB bulletin
board no later than the date on which the application occurred.
- Manage the application of Lily Pad control measures as established by the
- Periodic fish stockings in accordance with the recommendations of fishery
biologists and local "experts" (Horseshoe Bend fishermen).
- Regular inspection of the Lake Watershed area, Lake Shoreline, dam and
spillway (in conjunction with the Site Maintenance Committee) for signs of
erosion or damage due to seepage, animal burrowing, etc. Responsible for
reporting any of these signs to Board with recommended actions to be taken.
- Maintenance of lake water surface at desired elevation. The Lake Management
Committee is responsible for defining the lake water desired elevation and
regulating the siphon system to maintain the lake at the desired water level.
- Establishment and continued review/revision of fish harvesting guidelines to
attain optimum fish population in the lake. These harvesting guidelines shall be
set in accordance with the recommendations of fishery biologists and data
collected from Horseshoe Bend fishermen and communicated to Association
- Supervision and/or sponsorship of events and information publication to enhance
the enjoyment of lake-related activities (fishing, swimming, boating, etc.) by all
interested Horseshoe Bend members.
- Observation of lake activities (in conjunction with the Compliance Committee) to
ensure and enforce compliance with all covenants and restrictions regarding
- Regular inspection and maintenance repair (in conjunction with the Site
Maintenance Committee) of lake-related "common" improvements and facilities
(fishing pier, boat docks and boat ramp).
- Supervision and review of committee expenditures to ensure financial
responsibility. This financial supervision will include preparation of the proposed
yearly budget, presentation of the proposed budget to the Board of Directors for
approval and committee operation within the approved budget.
- Presentation of summary of committee activities in Horseshoe Bend newsletters
and at the Annual Horseshoe Bend Homeowners' meeting.
- The Chairperson is responsible for keeping detailed records of the year's
activities, budget, etc. to pass on to succeeding chairpersons.
- Any responsibilities that become necessary due to unforeseen future needs or
additional responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors of the Homeowners'
The Lake Management Committee shall consist of a chairperson and the
required number of members deemed necessary to carry out the above-outlined