- The Chairperson of the Committee is responsible for distributing the "Architectural Compliance Guidelines and Compliance Forms" to any property owner who is seeking approval of plans for any construction project that requires the approval of the Architectural Committee.
- The Chairperson of the Committee is responsible for receiving a completed "Architectural Compliance Form" from the property owner along with detailed construction plans. He/she should ensure that the plans and compliance form are complete.
- The Architectural Committee is responsible for carrying out its duties in a timely manner since plans not approved or disapproved within thirty (30) days after submission are deemed to have been approved.
- After receipt, the Chairperson is responsible for distributing all construction plans, along with the "Architectural Compliance Form", to the other committee members for their review and approval.
- Each member is responsible for evaluating the construction plans and compliance form and deciding if they meet the guidelines of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.
- Prior to granting approval of the plans, the Chairperson and one (1) or more committee members shall meet the property owner at the construction site to review and reconfirm all details contained in the plans and "Architectural Compliance Form," particularly with respect to the location of the construction project. It is preferred, but not mandatory, that the property owner's contractor be present at this meeting.
- Approval or disapproval will be based on the majority vote of the Architectural Committee.
- If the Committee approves the plans, the Chairperson is then responsible for writing a letter to document the approval and sending it to the property owner. In addition, the Chairperson should send a copy of the approval letter, along with copies of the plans and "Architectural Compliance Form," to the the Chairperson of the Compliance Committee for their information and filing in the records of the Association.
- The Architectural Committee is responsible for monitoring construction until completion. However, from the approval point forward, it is the obligation of the property owner to ensure that construction adheres to the approved plans and with the information provided on the "Architectural Compliance Form."
- The Architectural Committee is responsible for reviewing and approving all subsequent changes in construction plans, where the change(s) affect conformance to the restrictions in the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.
- If the Committee disapproves the submitted plans, then the Chairperson is responsible for sending a letter of disapproval to the property owner stating the reasons for disapproval along with suggestions on how to remedy the deficiencies (with a copy to the Chairperson of the Compliance Committee for filing in the records of the Association). It is then the Chairperson's responsibility to work with the property owner in order to correct the deficiencies.
- The Architectural Committee is responsible for applying the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions equally and uniformly. The Architectural Committee has the authority under the Declaration of Covenants to vary setback requirements. However, ALL variances recommended or approved by the Architectural Committee must be approved by the Board of Directors prior to the commencement of construction.
- The Architectural Committee must ensure that all plans for septic systems to be installed on property within the development are in conformance with the laws of the State of Texas and of Wood County and all other governmental rules and regulations prior to installation of the system. It is the responsibility of the Chairperson property owner to secure a certification of State Septic System Requirements on any site where a septic system is installed , supplying a copy to the Chairperson of the Architectural Committee who in turn provides the copy to the Chairperson of the Compliance Committee for filing in the records of the Association.
- Supervision and review of committee expenditures to ensure financial responsibility. This financial supervision will include preparation of the proposed yearly budget, presentation of the proposed budget to the Board of Directors for approval and committee operation within the approved budget.
- Presentation of summary of committee activities in Horseshoe Bend newsletters and at the Annual Horseshoe Bend Homeowners' meeting.
- The Chairperson is responsible for keeping detailed records of the year's activities, budget, etc. to pass on to succeeding chairpersons.
- Any responsibilities that become necessary due to unforeseen future needs or additional responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors of the Homeowners' Association.
The Architectural Committee shall consist of five (5) members, three (3) of which shall reside within the development. To the extent possible, members of the Architectural Committee shall possess a reasonable degree of knowledge about general construction and home building as well as a thorough understanding of the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions. Committee members may serve multi-year terms at the discretion of the Board of Directors.