- Monitors security camera and security system to make sure they are in good working condition. Erects signs on Association property indicating the use of security cameras.
- Provide fact/tip sheets to be included in welcome packet on Fire, Water, Wild Animal and Road Safety and other useful tips
- Post the “No Burn” signs as appropriate along FM 4550
- Establish and Maintain Emergency Evacuation Information, such as exits, plans, and signage. This would also include maintaining emergency exits/trails and community map print outs for homeowners with exits identified.
- Conduct quarterly Safety & Security Meetings for HSB homeowners, open to everyone but especially for new homeowners in that quarter
- Establish and maintain contact with local fire response team at the local VFD’s.
- Supervision and review of committee expenditures to ensure financial responsibility. This financial supervision will include preparation of the proposed yearly budget, presentation of the proposed budget to the Board of Directors for approval and committee operation within the approved budget.
- Presentation of summary of committee activities at the Annual Horseshoe Bend Homeowners’ meeting and Board Meetings.
- The Chairperson is responsible for keeping detailed records of the year’s activities, budget, etc to pass on to succeeding chairpersons.
- Any responsibilities that become necessary due to unforeseen future needs or additional responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors of Homeowner’s Association.
The Safety & Security Committee shall consist of a chairperson (who resides on-site), Co-Chair and the required number of members deemed necessary to carry out the above-outlined responsibilities.